This is an open competition, you can make any type of music you want. We want submissions that really show what is possible with Audiotool, tracks that are original and express high levels of sound design and production. The judges will also be looking for tracks which capture the spirit of Moogfest, the continuing legacy of Robert Moog and the pioneering machines he created.
The winning tracks will be chosen by a panel of judges and announced on the 1st of April.
To enter simply make a track on Audiotool and submit it to the Moogfest contest via the track page.
To avoid disappointment it is essential that all users read the rules before submitting a track.
- Winner must have an Audiotool account with valid corresponding email address (if you are not sure whether or not your corresponding email address is correct this can be changed via your preferences)
- Maximum track duration 5:00 min
- No remixes remixes of your own tracks will be accepted but only if you are the sole author of the original track. This includes all previous tracks related to that document
- Maximum of 3 submissions per user
- No copyright protected material of any kind Any submission found to contain copyright protected material will be disqualified
- Users of any age can enter the competition but participants must be over the age of 18 as of the 1st of April 2014 to be able to claim the prize
- Audiotool reserves the right to remove submissions and/or excluded participants at any time on legitimate grounds i.e. beach of the Audiotool terms and conditions, manipulation or undue influence on the competition
- By submitting a track to the competition the participant allows Audiotool to publish the contribution and his/her name for the purpose of running the competition and the for the publicity for of the competition on online and offline media, as well as on other third-party platforms and websites
- Prize non transferable to other parties/participants
- Prize not cash transferable
Once a track has been submitted it can be republished as many times as you want, just as long as the last republish does not take place after the end of the submission phase.
Allowed submissions can be overwritten at any time before the end of the submission phase
Presets and bounced samples from other users are allowed but any track which is deemed a blatant copy of another Audiotool users’ work will not be considered. Audiotool reserves the right to make this judgement.
Prize for 1 winner will be to play a set at Moogfest between the 23rd and 27th of April in Asheville, NC. This includes 2 nights in a hotel, flights from wherever the winner is situated and an artist pass to Moogfest 2014. All travel arrangements will be made between the winner and Audiotool.
The winner and 7 runners-up will have their tracks recorded to a limited edition cassette tape which will go out to all of the artists, press and VIPs attending Moogfest 2014.
The jury will be made up of representatives from both the Moogfest and Audiotool teams, as well as some of the artists who will preforming at this year's Moogfest. So far we have confirmed Jona Bechtolt from YACHT, Daedelus and DJ and music writer Trent Wolbe.
The jury will be looking for tracks which use a wide range of Audiotool instruments, are well constructed, well produced and original. The judges will also be looking for tracks that resonate with Moogfest and what the festival is all about. The judges will predominantly be looking out for tracks that are original, well made and sound great.
Since when this ends on April Fool's, what if this was all a joke??? :O
wow, great competition. could be the motivation i need to cook something delicious.
This is my one chance!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE and may the best audiotoolers win