What to do on service outages: Publishing, Studio or Sample search not working
- Read if there are current reports under this topic
- Add your experience as comment if you feel that it adds value.
- Refrain from using strong language and repeated status requests - it won't make anyone more motivated to fix the problem!
Audiotool requires a complex infrastructure in order to provide you the full experience of music production, communication and listening. While, in theory, it's possible to setup and maintain an almost infallible infrastructure, in practice this is always a trade-off. As a small team we are also facing the challenge to discuss and implement new features, analysing and fixing ordinary bugs, keeping track of the external changes (browsers, technologies, trends, ...) and staying in touch with the community.
Even though we cannot offer a 24/7 S.W.A.T. team just in case something might break, fixing global problems always has highest priority for us! For that to work, we need all information at a single place. Scattering reports across several boards or chat systems makes it hard for us to determine the exact time when a problem arose. Resurrecting old reports is pretty confusing when reconstructing the history and makes others believe the issue existed for several weeks while it had been fixed in the meantime.
Please add all information about global outages to this topic. We will close all reports on other locations as duplicates and refer to this one - please spare us the overhead.
What should be posted here?
Let us know if
- publishing isn't working for you and how it looks like (error message, stuck status, etc.)
- starting the app fails and you think it's a global problem (error message, stuck status, OS/browser version, etc.)
- the search isn't working (samples, tracks, users, auto-completion).
- there's any other problem which you believe affects everyone.
- you're unsure, if you've found a global problem.
- you want to inform us that a reported problem has changed or disappeared or (after a sensible interval!) still exists.
The more info we have, the faster we can fix it.
What should not be posted here?
- Ordinary bugs require their own topic as usual.
- Unnecessary status requests will only dilute the valuable information.
- Strong language; you can be pretty sure that we are most likely at least as annoyed as you when things break.