The Crusher or Bit Crusher effect pedal produces distortion by reducing the resolution of the audio signal, in a similar way to the Tube effect pedal. The Crusher can be used conservatively to add warmth to the original waveform or can cranked to produce heavy distortion, although quality will be compromised. The Crusher is considered an essential effect for producers making harder-edged, industrial dance music.
- pre-gain - Allows for adjustment of the volume of the signal before it is processed.
- post-gain - Allows control over the volume of the signal once it has been processed.
- bits - Bit depth of the signal.
- rate - Sample rate of the signal.
- mix - Controls how much of the processed signal is mixed with the original, unprocessed signal.