Here's an efficient method to implement varying degrees of side-chain compression for multiple tracks using only one Panorama device:
• All the tracks except drums are sent to an Aux Send on the Centroid. Each track has its own Send value.
• The Aux signal is phase inverted with the Panorama device.
• The inverted signal is fed back into the main mix via the mixer's Aux Return.
• Since the return signal is phase inverted, it cancels the original signal and lowers its volume.
• By automating the main Aux Send knob you can create a volume pumping effect. The curvature of the automation segment defines the envelope of the pump.
• You can control the amount of pumping for each individual track by varying its corresponding Aux Send amount.
Open the track, solo each Centroid channel and vary its Aux Send amount to change the amount of side-chain compression effect. Open the green automation region and change the curvature of the segment to change the envelope of the effect.