Cover of track Polo G x Lil Durk Type Beat - "PTSD" [prod. Pluto] by • HBK Pluto •
  • about 2 months ago
  • 187
  • 31
  • 48

• HBK Pluto •, Polo G x Lil Durk Type Beat - "PTSD" [prod. Pluto]

00:0002:35

fyeeee... I have officially finished this beat if I need anymore mixing and mastering done tell me, also there was no clipping in the beat at the making. #Yessirskii

Create an account or Login to write a comment.

Zir0h

about 2 months ago

P.S. Oh! also, just a little tip, this is something i like to do personally, but stick a quantum in between your centroid and your masteroutput. like route your centroid through the quantum to the M.O. Switch it to post and this gives you an overall view of your entire track, effects, EQing and all. Helps you identify which areas need love and which are too much! :)

Zir0h

about 2 months ago

I hope that is enough feedback for you! It seems like you've gotten plenty however, and many mention a lot of the same things. I look forward to a republish! If you need help, let me know, I'll jump online with you and try to work it out.

Anyway, stay classy, and Nice work! Please keep writing!

GREK

Nice one!

Well, I really liked the melodic line, very smooth and sweet, I think, however, that it could be a little higher so that it can be level with the kicks of the part 00:23 .

I also think it could be a little more crowded, in terms of synthesizers, some bass at the moment what drums sounds, side changes in some arpeggios, some like that.

who knows if you add a white upward noise to build the buildup would be interesting.

good job, keep working!

and don't forget, Every work matter!

Zir0h

about 2 months ago

I hope that is enough feedback for you! Nice work, and please keep writing!

Zir0h

about 2 months ago

...but then when i turn down my speakers, I can't hear the synths as well as I'd like to.

at 00:59 you throw in a LOT of kicks there, and it also overpowers all your other drums sounds. To fix this, go back to what I was saying about machiniste's built-in filters. It also sounds like you're doing a buildup to a drop here, but it's just a bunch of loud kicks, no dynamics in transition, and then goes back to the way too quiet synth line.

Overall, this is a good track, it just needs some love.

Zir0h

about 2 months ago

Also, it's not always necessary to use ALL of the buttons on the Curves. It doesn't do you any good to cut a frequency and then boost it at the same time. Kind of defeats the purpose, and I'm seeing a bit of that here.

The other thing, regarding your 808s is that the kick is SO MUCH LOUDER than everything else in the song, except maybe that guitar preset. The difference in dynamics is distracting and jarring. I have to turn down my speakers to adjust to the punch...

Zir0h

about 2 months ago

Also, try using effects on your drum samples, and remember to EQ! I see that you adjusted the levels on your centroid, but didnt play with the tuning at all. I also see that a lot of your synths are filtered/EQ'd the same way, which is fine but take care to make them slightly different, so that they dont cover each other or diminish each other. If you have two similar sounds, try boosting them at slightly different frequency ranges, like low and high. Throw in a stereo and you got a mean signal

Zir0h

about 2 months ago

The other thing, regarding your drum machine, machiniste, I see that you did not utilize the built in filters and such, which can really make your drums sounds much neater, depending on what you're writing, plus you can automate these changes for even cooler effects! Keep this in mind, and play around with them a bit. If you have any questions on what functions do what, feel free to spam my wall with questions :) Remember, just a few small changes can clear space for other sounds to come through

Zir0h

about 2 months ago

I like the way the beat builds.

Some more sounds in the open areas would be nice. still not bad tho

those 808 kicks sound funny for some reason. When i opened the project, I see that you used your Pluto 808 kick, but the sample itself is not all that great sounding. It sounds maybe like it was boosted too much originally, then on top of that theory, you added gain onto the sample here. I would choose a different sample, or make a new one yourself. or at least just turn this one down

夢想的女孩 ✨ (might leave)

about 2 months ago

around 1:09 u couldve added a drop and i dont really like the kick that comes at 0:59 BUT overall this sounds good

Prod.PDSparkz

about 2 months ago

i just think the 808's could be a little louder and more boom to it but it sounds good the hi hats are good but needs more automation but great overall

Prod.PDSparkz

about 2 months ago

This is a nice melody bro and the beat sounds cool! like it!

Nomad (gone)

I AINT EVEN NOTICE THE TAG. LOWKEY HEAT

Koza

about 2 months ago

This is decent. I just wish there were more things happening. Such as addng a Strong Drop chord progression. Because I noticed there was a buildup and no drop. WHY. I know this is made for rapping but there needs to be something more to keep ths interesting. I would recommend adding volume automation and utilizing the rasselbock to keep this from sounding monotonous. U should also experiment with different sounds to be unique. I'm just glad that this isn't just a beat with samples and trap drums

Koza

I can teach u

Nomad (gone)

about 2 months ago

dang i hate that thats the only thing I can do :( its crazy cuz I'm hella melodic but ion know the first thing about synthesizers

Koza